Working under indirect supervision, the Special Caregiver provides services to assigned client(s). The Special Caregiver serves as a back-up caregiver in cases where the regularly assigned caregiver is not available to provide services to their client.
• Caring companionship and conversation
• Meal preparation, planning, and grocery shopping
• Light housekeeping and laundry
• Medication reminders
• General assistance
• Personal care assistance (this may include bathing, dressing, toileting & grooming)
• Observe clients for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, or injuries, and report promptly to the OHS Supervisor
• Ensure client safety and maintain a safe environment
Outreach Health Services is hiring compassionate, kind, dependable, and personable individuals who desire to care for the elderly and disabled within their own communities. For over 40 years, Outreach Health Services has been making a positive difference in the lives of those we serve. This is only possible through our outstanding caregivers. We want you to join us!
- Must have a minimum of 6 months working experience as a caregiver or be a CNA.
- Must have patience, thoughtfulness, and a cheerful disposition
- Must provide great customer service to clients and their family members
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- The ability to meet the physical and emotional needs of the client
- Ability to manage assigned tasks within the scheduled shift
- Ability to handle physical aspects of the job, including bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
- Must work ethically and responsibly and must protect client’s privacy
- Must have access to reliable transportation since service to the client is of utmost priority.