Becoming a Caregiver
Caregiving is not just a job, but an incredibly special calling to serve. Outreach caregivers help seniors and those with disabilities or illnesses thrive independently in their homes. As a caregiver, you help people live healthier and happier lives. Being an Outreach caregiver may be a lifelong profession or even a steppingstone in your healthcare career. Many of our caregivers have been with Outreach for over twenty years! Whatever career path you choose, we are here to support you along the way.
Join Outreach and the growing healthcare industry to help make a difference in your community!
While working as a caregiver is a gratifying career, it is not always an easy one. It takes empathy, compassion, and a good work ethic to be successful. If the below qualities are a true reflection of who you are, then caregiving might be the profession for you:
- You enjoy helping people.
- You love learning about others.
- It makes you happy to help someone accomplish something meaningful.
- You are self-motivated.
- You enjoy providing hands-on care.
- Active listening and nonverbal communication are second nature to you.
- It is easy for you to place yourself in someone else’s position and empathize with others.
- You enjoy one-on-one interaction with people.
- You enjoy taking care of the elderly and those in need of a little extra care.
- You can perform many diverse tasks in a day.
- Provide companionship, conversation, and assistance
- Assist with medicine reminders, meal prepping, groceries, housekeeping, and laundry
- Provide personal care such as grooming, bathing, and dressing
- Ensure client safety and maintain the environment
- Watch for and report changes in client’s condition
Pay and Benefits
- Pay varies by location, level of training, and type of shift (full-time and part-time)
- 401K, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Teladoc Service
- Flexible scheduling to support your work/life balance
- Work close to home—serve seniors and those with disabilities in your own community
- Personal satisfaction—the work you do will make a difference in someone’s life
- An entire team is dedicated to your success! There will be someone available 24/7 to take your call
- Client-specific training to help you get off to a great start and get to know each client’s individual needs
- A monthly Caregiver newsletter that is full of caregiver tips and senior care information
- Ongoing optional online training and certifications, including specialized training opportunities
- Responsive support staff—you’ll have the added confidence of knowing that a staff member from your local office is available 24 hours/7 days a week
Shirley has been with Outreach for many years and shows dedication and compassion to her clients. Her clients love her and appreciate her!
San Antonio, TX
“Ms. Garcia has been employed with us since 2015. She is a sweetheart; she always goes above and beyond for her clients. She’s always telling me “It’s ok, I do it from my heart.” She has gone the extra mile for all of her client’s and in a very short time, they all have grown very close to her. She never complains nor has she ever refused a shift. Even if she gets lost, she always shows up. Ms. Garcia has a huge heart. We all love and appreciate all you do. You are a true gem!” – Monica Ochoa
Benito is an awesome caregiver! He is very caring and works hard for his clients. He is always helpful with keeping supervisors and nurses up to date on his client’s condition.
Damien ALWAYS goes above and beyond for all clients. He has the heart to take care of our clients and families and supports them in every way possible. Thank you, Damien, for all you do!
San Antonio, TX
Linda has been with our client for many years. She is truly an amazing caregiver who goes above and beyond for her client. We are so glad to have her as part of our caregiver team!
“In all that you do make sure it’s done out of love. Love your clients as if it’s your own family. As your client depends on your every move do it with class. Always strive to do better. Make sure you always make them laugh. Listen to them with an open heart. Always know your time counts so show up on time and ready to show out. Your best shows your client they are worth it.”